SWOVA is rebranding! Since 1996, our organization’s full name has been “SWOVA Community Development and Research Society.” We continue firmly rooted in the original purposes reflected in our 1996 Constitution, but in mid-2020, we hope to announce a new name for our organization.
For more than a year we have worked behind the scenes to renew our mission and vision statements, clarify our core values and develop a strategic plan for our future. After almost a quarter of a century of service to the Gulf Islands and communities beyond, the people of SWOVA—employees, facilitators and board members—are engaged in renewing our programs and operations to serve a new generation of students and educators. Honouring our past, we look forward to future effectiveness and expansion.
We hope you, our Members and Friends, will support our efforts by:
- attending a General Meeting next spring to consider a special resolution changing the name of our society
- voting on the special resolution if you’re a voting Member of our society
- getting updates by checking our new website and its blog
- following us on Facebook and Instagram and in the news
- sharing our programs and impacts with others
We know your interest in SWOVA reflects your own passion for creating healthy, gender-equitable, and violence-free communities. We are always glad to receive your emails. Interested in volunteering? Please do let us know; opportunities are available!
Thank you for your interest and support.